30 Reasons Moms Drink Wine: A list of Musings, not in order of importance!
1) You woke up at 5am to get ready for work, make lunches and sign school forms while your husband slept.
2) You worked your ass off cleaning the house, and no one noticed.
3) You did ten loads of laundry, folded, and put away, while the rest of your family watched Netflix.
4) You cooked an incredible meal that each child picked through while your husband added salt and ketchup.
5) You stepped on Lego, for the 15th time, before 10am.
6) You spent the entire afternoon speaking to your child’s Teacher.
7) You don’t like your child’s teacher.
8) You woke up super early to take your child to Hockey Practice while your husband slept, then went to work and still had to make dinner when you got home.
9) You found three unfinished Homework assignments in your son’s backpack, two days after spending an afternoon with his teacher.
10) You spent the whole Sunday at Crash Crawly’s, Go Bananas, The Great Adventure or some play place the like ( with 20 other kids in your group )
11) You miss being 20.
12) You went running to decompress, but your whole family texted you to find out when you would be home.
13) You received a call from your best girlfriend, and she needed some advice.
14) You are eating Cheese.
15) Your Teenage daughter has started her period.
16) Your toddler found all your tampons and put them in the toilet.
17) You tried to help your teenage kids with their homework, and you didn’t understand a word of it. (so much for that University Education)
18) You deserve it.
19) Your Toddler decided that they were going to sharpie their entire forearm.
20) You finally bought a beautiful pair of boots, and your child let your dog have them as a chew toy.
21) You love the taste of Red Wine.
22) You like the taste of White Wine.
23) You haven’t been able to have a shower by yourself since before the birth of your children.
24) You haven’t worn make-up in over a month.
25) You haven’t read a book that did not include some sort of parenting advice in years.
26) You invited 20 of your daughter’s closest friends over for her birthday, and you finally saw the aftermath of her room.
27) Your Husband told you that he thought it would be nice if you could find some more time to clean out the garage before he gets home.
28) Your Husband works six days a week and plays sports five nights.
29) You went to the grocery store wearing your pajamas and ran into your high school boyfriend.
30) You are allowed to have a glass of wine because you are an adult!
I want to bring to light a little thing I have heard about an “EPIDEMIC” that may be rising. I recently read this post (http://blogs.babycenter.com/mom_stories/wine-and-moms-an-epidemic/) and do not particularity disagree but….
People seem to be very concerned that Women, Moms especially, are consuming too much alcohol. Whether or not this is the case, I do think we need to bring to light that there has never been a worry over the amount of alcohol Fathers are drinking. No “Epidemics” to this date anyway. I have not in my lifetime heard that a man should not come home, unwind and have a glass of Beer or two. They are encouraged to have a bottle of beer, whiskey or whatever. So please don’t chastise us women for wanting the same respect. We are allowed to enjoy a glass of wine or two, even a beer if we wish.
***I just want to address one thing before I publish this post. That being, that I understand alcoholism to be a debilitating disease. I am not attempting to make light of others situations.***